Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Consciousness

       What am I conscious of?  It is moment to moment  awareness.  It can move systematically or subtly but it is always changing.   But do I have an underlying unconsciousness that guides me?   For that I must totally immerse myself;  but the range moves frighteningly from dog in  heat to an image of Jesus.   At the moment I am trying to focus on what my resting consciousness is.   Do I have a resting consciousness or restless consciousness?  There are some research which indicates that men cycled through a sexual waxing and waning every 90 days.  I have not ever  kept count. Thank God the roller coaster is slowing down because of aging and more aging.

Last week, Louis my son, sent me  a text about David Bohm  who apparently passed in 1992 but has created a great deal of recent discussion through his talks with Krishnamurti  and others.  The thing that caught me was the talk about fragmentation and wholeness.  He believed since the 1970s that we are fragmenting to our ultimate peril and should be seeking wholeness.  Several long talks by Bohm and others are readily available on YouTube.  I will let you decide whether to look into it.  But I could not avoid it because I now realize why I have been going to AA, the Presbyterian Church, and the Catholic Church on a regular basis.  I certainly have felt the fragmentation as psychiatry has come apart.  I felt the fragmentation  in my own life.  So I have been looking for Wholeness  with a  capital W.   yesterday I told my a group that I was going to go by the Islamic center  and seek common prayer unless somebody stop me.  Nobody stopped me.  So I am committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment