Wednesday, April 18, 2018

28 Dialogue: Robert and Phil



Phil: In responding to Robert Sorensen’s guest editorial, I fell short of what he was saying and instead I interposed my own bias. I thought he spoke of the pressure of invasive negative nature of our media with TV as a culprit.  But here is what he has responded with.


Robert: I'm beginning to think (pun not intended) that dreams are formulas for belief structures before we solidify the moral of our 'dream stories' into the subtext of our personalities.

The trials within our dreams are often primitive and disorienting dramas. When observed closely these dreams have amazing symbolic undertones via associations. 

I may use consciousness as a defense mechanism, I've never thought of it that way, I believe I use it as a tool to try to understand the value of truth and honor.  When using that 'tool' there is a tendency to recognize what may be "pressure of invasive negative nature"  in everything, not just TV for what may be deemed as 'negative' is NOT truth and honor.  

But honestly, I know I'm a bit of a cynic. 

Negative is extremely subjective and judging anything as positive or negative is a slippery slope.   

Threats may be considered negative I guess...   

"Using consciousness as a tool to Identify things that cause harm or good in order to progress as a healthy human and contributor to the organism earth",sounds better!

My religion is based on hopeful ideas of common sense...  Either we as Humans are contributing to the planet Earth or we're taking away from it.  

Helping the planet thrive is of the utmost concern for where are we without it?  

If we 'take away' from the planet, exploit the life that it provides so generously, that 'footprint' could be easily expressed as a carcinogen, something that if noticed within us we eradicate immediately.

Getting sidetracked with contrived Dramas because we have a comfortable existence, appears to me, is a senseless way of utilizing our resources in a counterproductive way.  I do think that happens on TV in abundance

All that energy we use in following our various forms of soap operas could be used for helping to enhance the natural resources of our planet, can you imagine?

For instance, Taking some attention off political ideologies and concentrating on positive, natural ideologies?  

Natural resources begin in our subconscious minds.

Those resources in our physiology need to be mined like gold in order to understand where it all begins, how it can all end and most importantly, how we can make life better as individuals.

Recognizing truth and honor.


 Phil: Very well said. 



No comments:

Post a Comment