Tuesday, June 2, 2015

At times I realize that people take issue with what I am saying and I understand that because I am not a particularly good student of psychiatry.  I never intended to be but have mostly been interested in the knives and forks, magnifying glasses, microscopes, and other devices which help people communicate honestly with each other.  So the supportive person group process is not meant to add much to the field of psychiatry and psychology but what it does mean to me is a way of processing what we have to say to each other.  So I am not interested particularly in the content.  People bring things to me that tells me that I should be more involved with understanding this particular  proponent of psychology and psychiatry.  But this effort is but a vehicle in the vehicle and could be used inappropriately and I worry about that.

Most recently have been thinking about how we disallow disallow Crosstalk in AA.  So when someone speaks in a meeting it is  a soliloquy which is responded to by other soliloquies.  In the supportive person group  my intent is not to encourage soliloquies but to encourage dialogue.  In a dialogue people could possibly cut each other off often unwittingly but the spontaneity of all the dialogue is what I treasure.  At its best dialogue is relatively free  of ego.  When several people are involved in your reaching toward each other's feeling state rather than their thinking  state.  In order to do this some feelings are to be stepped on or overlooked.  However the net effect is to reach each other  at a feeling  level.

I hope some of you know what I call the "team" are reading this because I do not know when you have the next meeting.  I would prefer that we need every week from here on out but that is a big order and I do not know whether we can find the right time to do it.  I would appreciate anybody's comments on this.

  This past week in particular I have felt a product of reaching 82.  When I am sure breath I realize that I have gained some fluid intake the diuretic  but having taken the diuretic I become weak from the effect of the diuresis.  This is meant to say that I am running out of steam and will probably not be as effective from here on out.  Luckily I have folks who are truly interested in this group process and I trust  will carry on.   I could be caught  whining because I have selected George  Warheit    who is 87 to be the person who writes the  forward to the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment