Wednesday, January 14, 2015


I am gratified to find that several folks have wanted the Supportive Person Workshops to continue and mentioned the Alachua Presbyterian Church meeting two weeks ago as a very good meeting.  I am reconsidering and have talked with Gary about the Presbyterian Church as possible meeting site for Feb 1 and 15th at 3PM But I would like to say something about my concerns for the future:

1.    When I was in the hospital I had considerable guilt over four main issues:

a. I am concerned that I am getting too many volunteers from AA which bothers me because they may feel obligated to me and also I would like to know how this group works with non AA folks as well. So I need to drop back and find a way to get volunteers who will show up and also have compassion for their fellow human being.
b. I am concerned about AA folks giving up their anonymity while in the group
c. I know only by instinct that learning about “being supportive and   willingness to be supported”is a very good thing. It could be a waste of time.
d. Since I am planning on selling  a guidebook on supportive group work I am self conscious about my own motives.


So if you have ideas or specific folks who would be willing to be a volunteer in this endeavor please send me an email or respond to the blog.

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment